It is reasonable to consider China KN95 as “equivalent” to US N95 and European FFP2 respirators, for filtering non-oil-based particles such as those resulting from wildfires, PM 2.5 air pollution, volcanic eruptions, or bioaerosols (e.g. viruses).
F.D.A. has issued an emergency use authorization for KN95 masks. Regulated by the Chinese government (China Standard GB2626-2006), they are almost identical in performance to N95 masks and can be applied to hospitals and other institutions. The manufacturer has completed the FDA Establishment Registration and Device Listing.
High Quality Filter Layers:
- Mouth Layer: moisture-proof non-woven cloth
- Middle Layer 1: hot air cotton
- Middle Layer 2: melt spray cloth
- Cover Layer: moisture-proof non-woven cloth
- FDA Certified (Owner/Operator Number: 10067890)
- CE Certified
Three Tips for KN95 Inspection: